Wednesday, April 30, 2008

So This is Love

MmHmmmMmHmm, so this is loooove...
(remind anyone of Cinderella?)

All day today, Jesus has been reminding me of His incredible love for me. I have no need of a man to affirm my worth - I am in LOVE with Christ. Not every day is like a fantasy where I have that incredible feeling, and some days it is hard to love Him. Many days I doubt why anyone would love me, and these little voices in my head try to convince me that I am not enough, that I am too this or not attractive or whatever the case may be. It's so wonderful to have Christ come and whisper in my ear I treasure you. I created you and planned everything. I placed each freckle on your face, every fleck of gold in your eyes. The other day, my flesh was getting me down when I opened the Psalms to where I had been reading, and that day's passage was Psalm 139. It was just what I needed.

Some days I really think about Christ's love and it consumes my thoughts all day. Today was not one of those days. Not that it was a bad day, but I was just kind of going through the motions. As I reflect back on today's events, though, I can see God smiling. Did you notice that? I planned it for you. You know that test? Remember my encouragement? That was for you, my love. I desperately want your attention! I want you to love me!

Not only did my Chemistry test score go from an 80 to a 90, but I found out that instead of being a point shy from an A for my final grade, my teacher considers an 87 to be an A! 

Then, I decided to run to Wilson Park instead of working out at the HPER. As I ran the path around the park, I noticed the honeysuckle were blooming, which is one of my favorite parts of the year. There was a flower bed with purple and yellow and orange flowers in the height of their bloom, and it made me smile (as I jogged by, gasping for breath). 

Then, tonight, after dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings with some friends, I noticed the sky as we drove back to campus. Deep hues of orange and gold were a perfect contrast to the silhouettes of trees, and I stared in awe. I wished I had a camera, but not even my 7.2 MP digital camera can capture the brilliance of God's paintbrush; it never looks the same when I upload it to my MacBook. 

How did I not really notice all day that God was softly romancing me, wooing me to be in His presence? Even now, as I should be studying for a test tomorrow, I am at peace and not worried.

I don't need anyone else. I have a relationship with the Perfect Man, and even though there are days when the romance is not necessarily there, I know that He loves me and that He created me to be just the way I am, in the situation of life that I am in, for a reason.

No comments: