Friday, March 28, 2008

Cartwheels of Joy!

Habakkuk 3:17-19 (The Message)
Though the cherry trees don't blossom 
   and the strawberries don't ripen,
Though the apples are worm-eaten 
   and the wheat fields stunted,
Though the sheep pens are sheepless 
   and the cattle barns empty,
I'm singing joyful praise to God. 
   I'm turning cartwheels of joy to my Savior God.
Counting on God's Rule to prevail, 
   I take heart and gain strength.
I run like a deer. 
   I feel like I'm king of the mountain!




Habakkuk 3:17-19 (Samantha's Life Version)

Even though my world is turned upside down and all my plans have changed, even though I don't have a roommate and my closest friends are moving (either back home or off campus), though I practically failed a chemistry test and I am sick of science classes and unmotivated, even though almost everything went wrong this past week, I can find JOY in my God and I can be happy despite my circumstances. My strength comes from my Savior, for He is the One that gets me through* the rough patches and brings me into His blessings.

*through not around

No comments: