Over the summer, this blog will become my Alaska updates. In my support letters, I referenced this blog as such. Since I am two months away, here is what is going on for the project:
- Raising support is my biggest faith-step right now. Project costs around 3000$, and then there are travel expenses to raise money for as well. I am trusting in the Lord's provision for this area of the trip and praying daily for His provision. Through this process I want to see more of Him - it isn't just about the money, but what I can learn about His provision and His sovereignty.
- We are trying to work out details for the road trip to Juneau. The main thing right now is figuring out who can drive the 7000 mile round trip route... I really wish I had a small SUV or something suitable to carry four people and their gear; according to my dad, my Volvo would not make it out of the trip alive, although I would personally love to be able to take my car. The road trip will be such an incredible bonding experience with the other students on the trip, plus we will get to travel through cool places such as Mount Rushmore and Canada.
- Prayer is what is most on my heart right now. I am praying that the Lord would be preparing my heart and convicting me of things that right now I need to be getting rid of in my life. I also am praying that the Lord is preparing my friendships with other students on the trip as well as friendships with my future co-workers. We will also get to work with the Native American community in Juneau, so I am also praying for opportunities to share the Gospel with them.
I would love it if you joined in prayer for me over all of these aspects of the trip. I am eager to be on this trip and to be able to share with you what God is doing!
No comments:
Post a Comment