Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Cru. It's What I Do.

Attention: Ben Rector* has a Christmas EP available on iTunes!

Now that Thanksgiving is over, we are in the middle of the last week of class before finals start! Typically, this has not been a stressful part of the year for me, but this week has been a little more hectic than I expected. Plus I woke up sick this morning and didn't go to any of my four classes, so I feel even more behind. But I know that there is time for everything; I just have to focus on one thing at a time.

Next week will be Christmas party week!
  • Monday: my community group I lead through Cru (along with a freshman community group led by one of my sophomores) is having a party and a mug exchange! I am excited to incorporate the freshmen into my group for this special occasion.
  • Tuesday: Cru student leadership party and $5 gift exchange. I bought my gift a couple of days ago... it's funny, but not a complete gag gift (AKA it will probably never be used but be funny to have around).
  • Wednesday: Cru staff party and "secret Santa." I am not quite sure why we are calling it secret Santa -- I always have in my mind the idea that it is someone that you secretly buy little gifts for over a period of time and then at the big party at the end guess who "had" you. But this is just a gift exchange where we were all assigned one person to buy for. I am excited about the gift I bought!
Also, this Friday, we have a Cru Barn Dance, which I am excited about! I love barn dances and two-stepping! And the fact that it is the boy's job to lead, since I have no rhythm on my own.

There is also a Dead Day pancake breakfast next Wednesday...

Dear Cru, thanks for taking over my life. In case I didn't thank you at any other point this semester. But I promise I don't mean that in a bad way.


*Ben Rector: wonderful musician and singer, UA grad 2009.

1 comment:

noel said...

ditto to all of this. and i've never heard of that crazy secret santa you described but it sounds fun - maybe that should be called sleuth santa.