I am also experiencing the life of a broke college student. Bathroom towels for pot holders, rewashing plastic silverware, using a plastic container that dessert came in as tupperware... Last night, one of my friends spent the night, and we tried to cook dinner. But it was kind of a mess that turned out good. We forgot to thaw the chicken, so we used the microwave. Unfortunately, I don't have microwaveable dishes, so we used plastic ones and just switched them out when they got too hot. Then we were cooking the chicken on the stove and decided to experiment by cooking it with honey. It turned out really good, actually! Next time I need some teriyaki or something, too.
I am looking forward to my roommates arriving with essentials... such as cooking pots and pans (I borrowed one from my mom), a kitchen table and chairs (although the counter hasn't been too bad), and so on.
The hardest thing is not having internet at my house yet... So I am coming to Panera daily and sitting outside (since I am broke, I can't even buy bagels or anything!) and getting the free Wi Fi. I hope they don't mind.
3 comments:
How fun! Do you feel like you're "playing house"? That's how I felt when I first lived in an apartment (which was after graduation/getting married--we lived in the dorms up until then).
What are some things you need for your house? I might have something sitting around that I don't need, or sometimes I see stuff at garage sales or on Freecycle. I'll be glad to keep an eye out if you let me know.
living like a broke college student (and laughing about it) is actually really fun, i've concluded. :)
aww the fun times!
here is a trick i just learned for thawing chicken and it is awesome. place the frozen chicken in a bowl and fill with really hot water. it thaws pretty quickly!!!
and of course, ramen noodles and mac and cheese are always old faithfuls!
Post a Comment