Preparing for this summer is both exciting and nerve-wracking. Although I know a couple of people who went on the trip last year, I still don't quite know what to expect - which I suppose is a good thing. I am looking forward to building relationships with other women who are wholeheartedly pursuing God as well, and I am excited to build relationships with nonChristians and be able to devote my time to pursuing them.
I just hit $2200 in support raising, which is beyond exciting! I am so thankful for the way that the Lord has provided so far! However, the cost of the project alone is $2950 and travel expenses will be around $400, so I am not quite there yet. I am trusting, though, in the Lord's faithfulness and provision in what I believe He has called me to.
Something really cool that our project is doing is setting our alarms daily for 9:07 p.m. Every girl going on this trip is praying at that time every evening (side note: 907 is the area code in Juneau). Alaska is in the top three most unchurched states in the United States, so we are praying that God will be making the way already for His name to be known. We are also praying for unity among our group as well as the relationships we are going to be building with residents and tourists. I am praying that God is preparing my heart for what is in store - I know that I am going to be challenged beyond my normal life here in Fayetteville, and despite the fact that it will be out of my comfort zone I am excited to be growing in new areas and seeing God use me for new things!
Please continue to pray for this journey - I can't say enough about the importance of prayer. This trip and this experience will mean nothing if God isn't the center of it. And please also pray for the last part of my support funds to come in. Thank you so much for your willingness to partner with God's work in me in this way!
No comments:
Post a Comment