What a gray, dreary day. This is the view out the window behind me. It seems like the world around me has been converted to greyscale. I feel the need for an adventure. My spirit is restless within me, and I long for a change of scenery. A break from routine.
Not only am I physically/mentally restless, I am spiritually restless. I want to hold Isaiah 43:18-19 true. It says, "Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert."
It seems like everything in my life is going the same - including my spiritual struggles and weaknesses. My life is cyclic, like the Israelites wandering in the desert. They continually saw God do great things and praised Him, but would soon forget it and start complaining because they didn't understand their journey. They desired tangibility from an intangible God, a God Who is known through faith. I long for relief from this discontent that plagues my life. I know I am in need of a new perspective, but it's hard to understand the color when everything blends simply to grey.
*by the way, I love spelling "gray" with an e. so much more poetic and beautiful, don't you think?
1 comment:
I understand what you mean. Sometimes I feel like my faith journey is in increments of taking 5 steps forward and 10 steps back. Thank goodness that in spite of me, He is still able to grow me and teach me. I know He will for you too.
~Whitney D.
Post a Comment