Monday, June 1, 2009

It's that time of year again...

CAMP TIME! I am heading back to Brookhill Ranch from June 1-August 1 to be a counselor, and I would love you to be praying for my ministry there. I will be leading a bunkhouse of 19 girls each week (for eight weeks), and I am excited about what God is going to do both in these girls' lives and in my life as well. This will be my third summer to be on all-summer staff at Brookhill (fifth overall), but each summer has been different, and I can't to see what God has in store this time around. Among everything else that happens at camp, you can specifically be praying for my personal focus each week and that I would not be distracted, for perseverance (whether it be with a difficult situation or dealing with the heat, etc.), for unity among the staff, for God's love for these kids to flow out of me , and for the Holy Spirit to be the One working through me (not me trying to do it on my own). 


If you feel like writing someone a letter of encouragement, or maybe baking a batch of chocolate chip cookies to send to someone, I would definitely love it :) My address will be:
Sam Swartzwelder
431 Brooks Lane
Hot Springs, AR 71909


I don't know if I will have the opportunity to blog while I am there, but if I get a chance I will definitely update y'all and share stories of what God is doing! I hope that y'all have a wonderful summer as well, and I will talk to you in August!

No comments: