It's that time of year again - the time when I am in-between living arrangements and therefore my possessions are all a mess. As someone who likes to be organized, this point in my life really bothers me because NOTHING is organized.
1) Moving home from the dorm, I come back to Conway to a room that doesn't really feel like mine anymore. Usually it houses a drum set, but currently there is a love seat and a mini-sized arm chair (for a normal-sized person, but it's shorter than your average living room chair) along with my bed and all of my possessions. There is no point in unpacking things and trying to put them away because I will be leaving in a week for camp for the entire summer. Thus, everything is strewn everywhere - I am lucky to find a t-shirt and a pair of shorts each morning.
2) Soon, I will start packing for camp (which reminds me - I still have stuff in my trunk that I haven't "unpacked" from Fayetteville). Then I will drive to camp and unpack everything for my cabin.
3) On August 1 I have to repack everything and bring it back to Conway for less than a week because I move up to Fayetteville on the 8.
4) PTL for the fact that I am moving into a house - a more permanent residence - so I will be taking everything with me. Even though that sounds like a big deal, it will be so much easier because I won't have to sort through things to figure out what to leave and what to bring. I actually have to bring everything because my dad is tearing my room down once I go back to college.
>>In ninth grade, my dad built me a room that takes up a little less than half of the garage. I shared a room with my little sister and things were getting cramped. Ever since I graduated high school, though, he has been wanting to tear it down so he can have his garage back, but Mom will never let him. (I think she still thinks I will move back home if I go to grad school in Conway or something...) Finally, this year, I told my dad that since I will be bringing my mattress up with me to school, along with everything else in my room, it wasn't worth it for them to keep a room for me that I use only eight to ten weeks each year, especially since I would have to come home and sleep on the floor anyway. And I told my mom that I am not planning on moving back home... Which I guess she is okay with. I mean, when my parents dropped me off at my dorm freshman year of college, they unloaded my stuff and left; no helping to unpack, no tears, nothing. And I am the oldest and the first to go through this!<<
There you have it- my long, boring explanation (somewhat of a complaint) of living in the in-between stages of my life. I thought about including a picture but my room is too horrible for me to face right now...
2 comments:
ugh, i feel your pain.
i hate this disorganization.
i hate packing, unpacking, repacking, etc. :/
preach it, sista. you'll see my room shortly and be appalled. love you.
Post a Comment