Yesterday (April 16), I went barefoot to help raise awareness that 40% of the world doesn't have shoes. This was sponsored by TOMS (tomsshoes.com), which is a company that, for every pair of shoes that they sell, donates a pair of shoes to a child in need. I love my TOMS - they are really simple canvas shoes but so cute - and I love the idea behind the company!
I walked barefoot up the hill to class and on campus all day. The only problem I encountered was being asked the leave the cafeteria and go put on shoes... they weren't too happy that I was violating a health code (apparently), but I have seen people in there with no shoes all the time!
Afternoons on Old Main
The weather has been so beautiful this week! FINALLY! Last spring, I spent almost every afternoon on Old Main Lawn with a bunch of friends, climbing trees and reading and playing frisbee. This week, I went for the first time this semester... so sad that it is happening so late (with only three weeks left of school), but it was glorious.
Then, yesterday, I went to Wilson Park and laid out a blanket and read underneath a big tree. (I was eating an apple, too, so I felt just like a heroine in a book.)
From being outside so much, I am getting my tan lines back. My watch tan is already pretty quality, and the Chaco (best shoes EVER! I wear them every day in the summer!) tan lines are getting there. I also have started developing a nice farmer's tan...
No comments:
Post a Comment