Wednesday, March 18, 2009

a day with my best friend

I took Andi (my dog) to the bike path today. It was a beautiful, sunny day and I was wearing my favorite yellow tie-dyed t-shirt with a new pair of athletic shorts that I bought from the women's department (a big step; previously, all I owned were guys' basketball shorts). I decided it was a good day to try to get a little sun on my legs since above the knees hadn't seen the light of day in quite some time. 

I could tell Andi was getting tired, so we walked down to Tucker Creek. I figured she would stand on the bank, lap some water, and we would be good... but I was wrong. She wades in deep mud and just lays down, like it's not a big deal. Meanwhile, I am freaking out and trying to yank her back onto the grass. We ended up going down to another part and I let her walk around in the water for ten minutes, which washed most of the mud off. Unfortunately, though, she still got mud in my car.

It was a fun trip, though. Afterwards, we went to Sonic for Happy Hour. I got a Route 44 sweet peach tea and she got a small water, no ice. Now, though, she gets to nap (before her bath) while I get to go clean my car.

1 comment:

Georgia said...

sounds like a fun day! women's shorts...whoa, sam! (haha...mine are all boys' shorts, too.)

sonic sweet peach tea = my favorite! i new there was a reason we were friends. :)