My mom called me late this afternoon to tell me that, while she was walking my dog, the neighborhood Rottweiler had attacked my dog. This Rottweiler has been a menace to multiple people in the neighborhood. It is normally chained up next to their house, fairly close to the road, and I usually don't walk by him because he lunges at you, barking and looking like he wants to destroy you. Well the owner was apparently a couple of feet away and the dog had come off of his chain. It sat looking at my mom and my dog for a minute, then ran across the road and grabbed my poor puppy in it's mouth, I guess thinking she was a snack. WHILE THE OWNER WAS STANDING THERE, CALLING THE DOG! I'm sorry, but if your dangerous dog is NOT on it's chain, you don't just stand there - you walk over and grab it by the collar and don't let it get near other people!
Praise the Lord, my dog just needed stitches, but the vet said that if it had been at her neck or at an artery (which it was only one inch away from) then my dog would have died. I don't know what I would do. Andi (short for Andrea) is my dog - my parents let me get her in ninth grade when I was upset about my best friend was moving to Texas and her dog had puppies a month and a half before they left. Andi was with me all through my tumultuous high school days, playing fetch and racing me down the street on warm days and snuggling with me at night. She even seems to know when I am upset, and she licks away my tears. That dog is my best friend, and I am so thankful that she is okay.
And that Rottweiler? Apparently, the police and the animal welfare control people had to come to sort out everything. This is the third time the police have been called on this dog for attacking other dogs in our neighborhood, and the a.w.c. took the dog into custody until these people can put him in an enclosed pen.

1 comment:
Oh my gosh! I'm so glad your little Andi is ok. Since you read my blog, you know how much I love my dog, and I can't imagine anything like that happening to her. Actually, I have thought about it from time to time, but try not to.
I'm glad they took the other dog into custody. Chaining a dog is a BAD idea; it makes aggressive dogs even more aggressive. I could go on, but your blog isn't the place for all my opinions about responsible dog ownership. :) So I'll just say again I'm glad your little dog is going to be ok.
Post a Comment