Friday, May 23, 2008

Brookhill Ranch






As I reflect on last summer, I see not only having fun and building relationships with incredible kids and seeing lives impacted, but I see so much growth on my part. I went into the summer with a lot of baggage from past hurts and failed friendships, but God used each and every experience to turn my pain into insights into how He made me and wanted to use me. I hope that these changes in my mindset translated into my actions and that it's evident how God is taking over my life more and more.

This summer, God has given me even more responsibility. I am going to be in charge of a cabin of 12 different girls each week. That means that 96 girls are going to come directly into my influence this summer, as well as kids that I meet in activities or sitting on the picnic tables at lunch. The thought of that just overwhelms me. I don't know if I am worthy of this, but God has put me in this position so I believe that He will equip me with what I need. I have been praying over this for months, and I am so excited that it is finally time for me to head off to Hot Springs for staff training (starting Monday). 

I have little feelings of fear and anxiousness in the pit of my stomach, but those are overcome by what I know God can do, because I have seen Him do it before. And I know He will do it again.

No comments: